As well as running, and working at the Osteopathic Clinic in Ruislip, Tom is also a senior lecturer in musculoskeletal disorders, osteopathic techniques, pre-clinic training and a clinic supervisor at BCOM, where he has taught for the past five academic years. For five years prior to this he was a senior lecturer and associate lecturer in osteopathic sports care, neuro anatomy, and osteopathic techniques at Oxford Brookes University. Prior to this Tom lectured for four years at Leeds Metropolitan University on an MSc.in osteopathic sports care.
Tom Lectures or has lectured internationally in osteopathic sports care and taping / strapping techniques in Italy, Portugal and Canada.
He is a published author of the book: An Illustrated Guide to Taping Techniques; Principles and Practice. He lectures at conferences and seminars on sports related subjects both nationally and internationally.
From 1995 to 2012 Tom was a senior committee member of the osteopathic Sports Care Association (OSCA). The last post he held was as association Secretary.
In 2013 Tom was honoured with a Fellowship of OSCA in recognition of his work in sports and sports education.
Tom is one of 17 osteopaths recognised by the English Institute of Sport as a preferred practitioner.
- Consultant Osteopath to London Wasps from 1995 to 2009.
- Worked for London Wasps on a daily basis from 1995 to 2001 attending matches pitch-side for the first team, second team and development squad.
- Osteopath to England / London Division from 1998 to 2006
- Associate member of the British association of Sports and exercise Medicine
- Had occasion to work for England RFU, England select sevens and London Broncos.
- Attended the Commonwealth Games in Manchester 2002 as a member of the central medical team.
- Has done work for UK Athletics 1997 to 2001, and the British Triathlon association 2001 to 2003.
- Was a member of the central medical team at the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- Lecturer for the National Sports Medicine Institute.
- He has worked with sports people from a wide variety of sporting backgrounds, from those who partake in sports and exercise for health and fun to the keen amateur, right the way to elite international athletes.